Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bon Jovi @ Mohegan Sun

Thank you M and P for the concert tickets.  
Hawk and I had a really great time.  I haven't seen Hawk that impressed by a site since we came up out of the subway in NYC for the first time.  The opening band was good, Bon Jovi was great, and the encore was amazing.   I had never been to the Mohegan Sun before myself, I enjoyed the different design elements through out the space.   After the concert Hawk and I explored.  We ate a great dinner that could have fed a family of six at a BBQ Restaurant.  We enjoyed Ribs, Pulled Pork, Cheese Loaded Mash Potatoes, and Coleslaw.  Hawk enjoyed a very yummy Root Beer serve in a chilled bottle and I savored my so so coffee knowing that I still had to drive home and we still weren't ready to leave.  We visited the Arcade a few times and he watched on while I dropped a few bucks into the slots.  Hit some, lost some, oh well.  I was feeling it a bit wrong to be at the casino so late with Hawk until we saw a family including a young girl that couldn't have even have been three yet in the arcade at 1:30 AM. (Look in the picture above, Hawk Driving the Race Car and little girl cutting some rug on the dance pad.)  OK, at least I now had a scale to measure our appropriateness.  We saw many people taking naps in the car garage on our way out near 2AM in the morning . . . home just before 4AM.  What a blast. 

2 comments:

  1. if you can't be a rock star party like one!!
    (afternoon nap time for rock stars)...Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience! Sorry that I can't see the pictures though:-( Mema Dy

    ReplyDelete