Hanging with friends. Waiting to get on the whip, spin, speedy ride thing. (Forgot the name of it) Was a favorite ride of many and many times they waited to ride over and over again.
Ok so maybe I am just not ready for this, but at the age of 12 I am not comfortable with just dropping him off at the county fair to hang. So I followed these guys around for 4 hours like a private eye or a body guard. Keep a safe distance to not over hear their conversations but not so far that they could disappear from my site. Felt a bit guilty that I was attacking his coolness since I was the only Mom there. But like I said before, they are 12, and that in my (call it crazy if you wish) personal mom opinion is too young to be dumped off at the fair on their own till the lights go out. In fact not even sure that any age is appropriate for this. As when they get older there are even more troubles they can get themselves into with peer pressure. At some point though I know I will have to let him go . . . but for now at 12 I will continue to be there! |
I am in agreement, it is a tender age and lots out there not so good. Cool is not the only thing on the block, so is LOVE.
ReplyDelete