Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Teenagers! I guess I will keep him.

OK so having a teenager is the house can be challenging - a flipping mouthy mess at times.  But then there are these moments that make me proud!

Yesterday we went to a lake for the day.  Mostly I had to hang close by his little brother, so Hawk enjoyed the freedom to do his own thing.  This lake had a giant BLOB, you sign up to use it and as long as there is at least one adult in the group, the group is sent to swim out from the end of the dock to the BLOB.  It looks like something from the TV show Wipe Out.  Hawk was able to go a few times.  I felt bad because he really wanted me to go too but I really didn't know any of the others well enough to leave Christopher behind.  Anyway later in the afternoon just before we left a complete stranger came up to me and:

Stranger " Is that your son?"  Pointing to Hawk
Me "Yes? Why?" Not sure for what would be next . . .
Stranger " He is a very polite, responsible young man."
Me " Oh, Yes, thank you for saying so, I agree."  Smiling!

This is not the first time I have heard this of him in situations like these - I guess I will keep him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love hearing those things I just wish they would share a little of the nice politeness with me!

    You have a good boy there!

    ReplyDelete